Cross-linking Social Media Platforms
Once you start to build up your social media presence, it’s important to cross-link them so you can gain as much exposure as possible. By adding a Twitter tab to your Facebook fan page, you increase the number of ways people can find you. When your online visibility increases, you increase the amount of traffic to your website and and your online audience.
Adding a Twitter tab
To add a Twitter tab to your businesses Facebook fan page, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to http://www.involver.com/applications/
- Log into your Facebook account
- Choose the Free Install button under the Twitter option
- Choose the proper fan page that you want to add the Twitter tab to
- Fill in your company name and phone number, check the box that says you’ve read the terms of service. Click the Save Changes button
- Click on “Please authenticate with Twitter” and follow the instructions
See? It’s so simple! This will place a link and tab on your Facebook page that will allow visitors to check your twitter stream straight from your businesses Facebook fan page. It also gives you the ability to post all of your tweets on your timeline (not recommended) or to pick and choose which tweets to publish straight from your Facebook fan page. On Involver’s free plan you can stream 1 Twitter account which is updated every 4 hours. On the Pro plan you can stream an unlimited number of Twitter accounts which are updated every hour.