This weekend I’ll be taking over as Social Media Manager for travelwithsomebody.com, a local internet start-up. It’s a fairly new travel buddy site that requires more interaction and public awareness about it and its services. After studying the site and a few of it’s biggest competitors, I realized that their social media marketing plan thus far is sparse and infrequent. I believe they fell into the same cycle that a lot of businesses do: sign up for Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts but then once they have them, they don’t know what to do with them.
I’ve sent them a questionnaire to get a better understanding of where they’ve been and where they want to go. Some of the questions are:
- What is your current Social Media Strategy?
- Do you have a current advertising/marketing plan?
- Do you have an online marketer, SEO or SEM?
- Who do you consider your biggest competitor? Why?
- Is there a specific demographic that you would like to target? Why?
- Do you have any wishes, suggestions or ideas that you would like followed?
I’m looking forward to the challenge of increasing the site’s public awareness, the interaction on the site and the interaction within the social media accounts. My only worry is that after hearing so many stories about travelling, I’ll get the nomadic urge again.